Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Entry #480

Time: 7:49 pm
Location: Gilbert's Carnival. Still.
Temperature: 19° Celsius
Humidity: 34%


I keep trying to leave this carnival, but it's like some horrible physicist's black hole whose event horizon I have clearly crossed. 


Time: 7:52 pm
Location: Gilbert's Carnival, near the food trailer
Temperature and Humidity: Same


There are...things...moving around in the bottom of the ball pit. This is why I study plants. Plants don't move. Except slime molds. Which don't really count.


Time: 7:53 pm
Location: Same
Temperature and Humidity: Same


I'm hungry. 


Time: 7:54 pm
Location: Same
Temperature and Humidity: Same


Do they sell anything decently edible and not laced with something at this carnival? There was a man shouting about drinking tiger's blood, and some nun ogling a clown. Perhaps I don't get out of the basement enough, but that sort of behavior seems decidedly abnormal. Young people these days...


Time: 7:55 pm
Location: Same
Temperature and Humidity: Same


"Young people these days?" Damn it. I sound like my mother.


Time: 7:58 pm
Location: Same
Temperature and Humidity: Same


Age aside, I'll eat wild mushrooms, but I'm not brave enough for those funnel cakes. At least I know where the mushrooms came from. And what was in them. And whether or not I'd be seeing them again.


Time: 8:00 pm
Location: Gilbert's Carnival, walking away from the food trailer, and towards one of the exits (maybe)
Temperature and Humidity: Same - Wait...


What the hell is going on?


Time: 8:01
Location: Gilbert's Carnival, between one of the psudo-exits and what is left of the food trailer.
Temperature: It's difficult to tell. 19° behind me, and 30° in front
Humidity: 26% and dropping


The food trailer is on fire. Bits of burning napkin and flatware are blowing around in the wind - the edges burning like earthworms writhing in the sun. 


Two women have fled the trailer. Quite wisely I might add. There is smoke pouring out of all sides of the trailer, and the flames seem to be spreading. Not to mention that their obvious incompetence was the start of the fire. No one who can create a funnel cake whose only redeeming factor seems to be it's obvious relationship to chunks of asphalt should be put in charge of hot grease. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment