Friday, March 18, 2011

Entry #479

Time: 10:30 am
Location: Watershed Heights Basement, near the furnace
Temperature: 16° Celsius
Humidity: 91%


...


Time: 10:31 am
Location: Same
Temperature and Humidity: Same


... Tea ...


Time: 10:32 am
Location: Same
Temperature and Humidity: Same


I need tea. Puddles and lakes and boats full of tea. Or someone will die.


Time: 10:34 am
Location: Watershed Heights Basement, standing on my mattress. Well, wobbling. 
Temperature and Humidity: Same


There's the food box. Now, where is the teakettle? There's a ladle...frying pan...trowel...spoon...cereal bowl...terra cotta drip tray...


Damn it! Where the hell did I put it? I know things have been disorganized lately, but I cannot function without it. It must be here.


Time: 10:38 am
Location: Same, but curled up in a ball now
Temperature and Humidity: Same


Whyohwhyohwhyohwhy am I such an idiot? I've gone and put a Lactuca sativa in the teakettle. And it's been such a delicate child that a transplant now will surely kill it. What am I to do? 


I need tea. All my other little darlings are running desperately short of magnesium, and they certainly could use the bacteria. Is one plant so great a sacrifice to make for the good of the whole family? Can I live with myself if I give up on this one flawed lettuce?


Time: 11:00 am
Location: Watershed Heights Basement, in the nursery, hunched over the burgeoning compost pile
Temperature and Humidity: Same


Pull yourself together, Margie-girl. Sobs will just make your hands shaky, and that's not good for this little one. Prolonging the agony will just make everything worse. Just like pulling off a Band-Aid. Quickly upend the teapot, so

Time: 11:15 am
Location: Same
Temperature and Humidity: Same


There now, look what I've done. I've got dirt and snot and tears caked all down one side of my face. And I've got to be unbelievably blotchy. Why do I never have clean handkerchiefs? This is why I should have listened to my mother. She just was wrong all the time. Except about the handkerchiefs thing. And laundry. And showering on a regular basis.


Time: 11:16 am
Location: Watershed Heights basement, by the camp stove near the bed
Temperature and Humidity: Same


Hot water - on. Now I have to find the worm castings. And some pantyhose. Do I have pantyhose? Do I remember the last time I wore pantyhose? I think I was 14. And graduating from 8th grade. Either way, I think I'll need to head to Stop n' Shop. I need apples, pantyhose and milk. 


Maybe it will keep my mind off that poor lettuce.


Time: 11:20 am
Location: Stop n' Shop Grocery in the cosmetics aisle.
Temperature: 18° Celsius 
Humidity: 50%


Why do women need to put so much crap on their faces? And why are there 50 different kinds of pantyhose?


Time: 11:24 am
Location: Sidewalk outside the Vietnamese Restaurant
Temperature and Humidity: Same


There's a small dog sniffing around the back of the restaurant. The little cur is probably looking for scraps, though I doubt he'll get lucky. From what I've observed, the chef is remarkably tight-fisted. Judging by his size, he eats all the scraps himself.


Time: 11:30 am
Location: Watershed Heights Basement
Temperature and Humidity: Same


I absolutely must get outside. The tea is steeping and my basement now smells rather like the wrong end of an earthworm. Which, while stimulating, is not entirely pleasant.


Time: 11:40
Location: Carnival
Temperature and Humidity: Same


A group of vagrants and other sundry untrustworthy looking persons have set up a carnival in the vacant lot. Besides completely trampling the thistles, they're sure to churn up the soil and drop horrible greasy foods that will completely screw over the pH. And they have clowns.


Bastards.





No comments:

Post a Comment